Environmental Planner / Bushfire Consultant
Would you like the opportunity to join a growing global organisation in Australia that values its people and their careers?
If you want to take your environmental planning career to the next level, within a dynamic and progressive consultancy, then we want to hear from you now!
Kleinfelder is an international environmental science and engineering consulting firm providing sustainable and practical solutions that meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder Australia, is part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm with over 2,500 employees. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, we deliver our projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across NSW an opportunity has arisen for a competent and suitably qualified Environmental Planner / Bushfire Consultant to join our thriving Newcastle office. In this role you will be undertaking a variety of environmental approvals and bushfire planning and design projects, working closely with our specialist team of ecology, heritage, rehabilitation, geotechnical and contaminated land specialists. The market sectors we work across are diverse and comprise a range of private and public sector clients.
- Full time role, however, consideration will be given to part-time working arrangements. We offer flexible working patterns and reward schemes for our staff.
- Reports to the Environmental Management, Approvals and Compliance (EMAC) Discipline Manager.
- Coordinates the day-to-day management of clients, project teams and specialist sub-consultants.
- Provides direction to more junior EMAC staff to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Provide high quality technical reports including environmental impact assessments, management plans and bushfire planning and design projects to a broad range of clients across the private sector and at all levels of government.
- Represent Kleinfelder at an industry level by participating in external forums and has, or is, working towards membership of professional institutions.
- Work competently and safely by complying with relevant H&S requirements, including internal Kleinfelder and external client procedures.
You will have demonstrated experience in the technical delivery of a variety of environmental impact assessment (EIS, SEE, REF) and bushfire planning and design projects across a range of market sectors, including but not limited to, Defence, Mining and Aggregates, Renewable Energy, Urban Development, Infrastructure, Education and Health. Applicants should possess an in-depth knowledge and practical application of the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (EP&A Act), NSW Planning for Bushfire Protection and be experienced in the coordination of sub-consultants and management of projects through the approval process.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in environmental science, environmental management, urban planning (or equivalent).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in environmental consulting including bushfire assessment.
- BPAD accredited practitioner under the Fire Protection Association Australia accreditation scheme or working towards accreditation (support will be provided).
- Demonstrated experience in client and project management across a range of environmental projects of sufficient complexity and scale.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend short periods away from home, if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate multiple project teams engaged on approvals and compliance projects to deliver to deadlines and within budget.
You must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace and provide our staff with flexible working arrangements.
Applications close 29 October 2021.
To Apply please apply via this seek ad - https://www.seek.com.au/job/54109678
Applications that do not address the Essential Criteria (What you will bring), together with a recent CV/resume will not be considered.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Environmental Planner?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?