Environmental Planner/ Scientist
Are you an environmental planner or scientist looking to expand your experience and work for an ethical and professional company in one of Australia’s fastest growing regional locations?
GeoLINK is a well-established, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices in Lennox Head, Coffs Harbour, Armidale and Lismore. We provide an integrated mix of environmental and engineering consultancy services including town planning, ecology, environmental impact assessment, civil and environmental engineering and urban and landscape design. Our main focus is the individual needs of our clients and we are committed to finding the best social, environmental and economic solutions for their projects.
Our Armidale office is looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Environmental Planner/Scientist on a full-time, permanent appointment. Joining a small team of environmental professionals, you will provide assistance to senior consultants with environmental research, preparation of environmental impact assessments, conduct field work and analysis across a wide range of projects.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and collaborative work environment with a focus on employee wellbeing
- Opportunities for professional development and mentoring
- Challenging and rewarding environmental projects for public and private sector clients
- Flexible working arrangements and family friendly practices
- Employee bonus scheme (profit share)
- Study assistance program
- Generous reward and recognition program
The role will involve:
- Assisting with environmental assessment projects such as review of environmental factors, environmental impact assessments and environmental management plans, applying knowledge of environmental legislation, current industry standards, and approval processes
- Provision of accurate planning and environmental research and advice for a variety of multi-disciplinary projects
- Conducting field studies and desktop assessments
- Provision of specific technical input into studies and major projects as appropriate
- Preparation of technical written reports to support project outcomes
- Client and regulator liaison to achieve project objectives
To be successful in the role you will display:
- Tertiary qualification in environmental planning, environmental science or related discipline
- Demonstrated 1-3 years relevant experience, preference to given to consulting experience
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports is critical
- Thorough knowledge of relevant NSW planning and environmental legislation and standards
- Diverse knowledge of a range of environmental disciplines, including but not limited to water quality, soils and contaminated site assessment, ecological (incl. heritage), bushfire and noise assessments
- Understanding of managing projects including budgets and work programs
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work within a team environment, and proven ability in conveying technical information to clients and colleagues
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritise work as required
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Competence working with Microsoft Office products and GIS mapping software
- Australian citizenship
- Current Class C (minimum) Driver Licence
For further information about this exciting opportunity, please refer to the position description or contact Maree Walo, GeoLINK Human Resources Coordinator on 02 6687 7666 or email [email protected].
If you feel your experience matches the criteria, please submit your application (cover letter, CV, response to selection criteria and your qualification certificate) by clicking on “apply for this job” button below. You may also apply directly through our website (link below). Please note, only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 19 December 2018