Environmental Project Officer
An opportunity has presented itself for a dedicated and driven individual to join our City Design Team as an Environmental Project Officer
In this role, you will develop and manage projects pertaining to natural waterway restoration and management, total water cycle management, catchment management and legislation, regulations, permits and licencing.
A large part of your role will include collaborating with the community, consultants and staff across Council to develop and manage project briefs and participate in tendering and construction management processes, monitor defects liability and initial maintenance periods. You will also project manage consultant contracts, access funding via grants and utilise stormwater levy funding.
This role is offered on a Permanent Full-Time Basis
*for a full list of duties, please refer to the position description
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in catchment and natural resource management, water sensitive urban design and the interpretation/application of relevant legislation.
- Experience with environmental planning, principles and legislation, and design of environmentally sound and sustainable landscape projects.
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer systems to produce and interpret technical and statistical reports.
- Sound ecological understanding of vegetation communities, threatened species and biodiversity issues, knowledge of Western Sydney natural area environment and issues.
- Understanding of construction issues, terminology, materials and methods, and ability to communicate confidently and expertly with construction staff.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the link below and creating a login using your email address.
When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the Position Description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 23 February 2020.
For more information, please contact Emily Forrest (Team Leader City Transformation) on 02 9707 9827.
Please note: Successful applicants may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check, Medical and/or Working with Children check in accordance with the position.