We are looking for an environmental scientist who aligns with our vision of sustaining our planet for the future whilst ensuring high quality outcomes for our clients.
A well-established company based in Mildura, Sunraysia Environmental continues to experience steady growth. This growth has created a fantastic opportunity for an experienced environmental scientist to join our team. You will be based in Mildura and may be required to work away from home for periods of a week or more.
Undertaking environmental assessments for land-use change and agricultural development, you will be capable of developing environmental management and monitoring strategies to assist our clients maximise resource efficiency and financial outcomes.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with a minimum of one years’ experience in the commercial environment
- Experience and qualifications in contaminated site assessments and remediation
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS, with familiarity in the Arc suite of software
- The ability to scope out, quote, plan and implement projects
- Speed and accuracy in field assessment
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Effective communication with the client when explaining your findings and recommendations
- The willingness and ability to share information with a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate development approval and project implementation where the environmental assessment is part of an integrated project
- The desire and ability to recognise opportunities and actively generate new projects
- A good understanding of client needs versus wants
You will be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of agricultural development and natural resource assessment in regional Australia. A land, water and environmental consultancy, Sunraysia Environmental provides professional services and solutions to individuals, companies and all levels of government. Primarily working in Victoria and New South Wales, we undertake projects across Australia.
Please send your written application highlighting where you meet each of our position requirements. This should be supported by your resume and three referees. For initial enquiries regarding this position, please contact Desiree Szeszeran on 0417 271 371 or by email at [email protected]