Ecosure has a bold vision to preserve the world’s natural brilliance. Our mission is to be the world’s best in ecosystem management. Our audacious goal is by 2030 we have improved the resilience of 100 million hectares and 1000 islands worldwide. Ecosure’s offer to you is an environment where our employees are all passionate about what they do, they live by our mission and values. We foster their drive through strong leadership and a commitment to professional development, exposing them to different environments and cross-location projects. We are dynamic and innovative – it’s not your average place to work!
As an environmental scientist you will have knowledge of project management, proposal and report writing, as well as possessing business development skills. Reporting to a Team Leader, you will assist in a wide range of projects involving desktop assessment, local and remote field work, data collection and analysis and reporting. Be prepared to learn, problem-solve and be an excellent communicator. You have a wide range of duties from water quality monitoring, construction compliance, fauna and flora assessments, development applications to sediment and erosion control. This role is based out of our office in Rockhampton, be ready to undertake work throughout Queensland.
Required skills & experience:
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid permit to work in Australia.
- Current manual drivers’ licence; with clean police and driving records
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation including providing environmental advice in the interpretation of the legislation, acts and regulations, self-assessable codes and guidelines
- Experience in compliance auditing
- Fauna and flora identification skills
- Understanding and use of GIS including QGIS and ArcGIS
- Knowledge of Commonwealth, Queensland and interstate environmental legislation, including regional ecosystem framework
- Data analysis, technical report and proposal writing skills.
Skills and experience that would be beneficial:
- Experience in local government, construction or renewable energy industries
- Experience with BioCondition and other vegetation assessment methods in use in Queensland and/or New South Wales
- Experience in fauna survey methods according to Federal and State requirements
- Use of apps for data capture
- Exposure to NetSuite.
- Strong team player;
- Must be passionate about the environment and ethical practices;
- Must be highly adaptable with great time management skills;
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering practical solutions;
- Be willing to go above and beyond as part of the team and demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- Be able to commit to flexible working hours and be comfortable with remote fieldwork
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
We believe in finding the right people and helping them follow their passion. Please tell us how you can become part of achieving our vision by clicking apply now with a resume and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) addressing how you meet the required and skills and experience, and personal attributes!