About the business
SESL Australia is a specialist environmental and soil consultancy with over 30 years experience in delivering high quality scientific outcomes to leading business and government clients.
About the role
An opening exists for an experienced Environmental Scientist within the busy environmental services team in Sydney. The position has been developed to fill the need for a highly skilled and motivated scientist to be involved in the full range of office and site-based activities.
This role includes both full project accountability and reporting, focused on the assessment of sites for contaminated land management, remedial design and validation, catchment and environmental water monitoring, groundwater investigations, waste management, and acid sulfate soil assessments.
SESL have a strong client focus, and the successful candidate will be engaging regularly with our clients to build our business.
Benefits and perks
A chance to be involved in exciting and challenging projects with a dynamic team of experts.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary level qualifications in Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Science, Hydrogeology or Chemistry from a recognised institution with a good knowledge of fundamental environmental sciences.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years in a similar role.
- A strong self-disciplined approach to work.
- Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written communications and strong adherence to quality and precision.
- Exposure to Contaminated Land, Environmental Water Monitoring, Acid Sulfate Assessments, and/or Waste Classification industries preferable, but not mandatory.
- A team player able to be given direction through manages own tastes & workflow effectively and complete tasks in timely and accurate manner.
- A valid Australian drivers licence and the ability to operate vehicles on and off road.