ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST (full time, flexible hours)
Syrinx is a multi-disciplinary and creative environmental design and construction company operating across Australia. Our Head office is in Perth and we have a satellite office in Launceston. The Company delivers integrated and innovative solutions to premium clients, covering urban, rural, mining and industrial projects. We operate on a basis of environmental ethics, technical excellence and social responsibility. We recognize our close-knit team as our key asset and we take great pride in providing our clients with exceptional service and results. We promote a friendly, fast paced and supportive work atmosphere and are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.
We are currently growing our Tasmanian office and are looking to appoint a motivated and exceptional individual to join our team in the role of Environmental Scientist.
About the Role
This is a FT position (4-day week is negotiable) and requires a significant amount of independence and ability to work remotely on projects State-wide. The position will be predominantly based in the north (Launceston) however the successful candidate will be expected to work on projects across Tasmania.
The role will require the ability to work with the wider national team to help deliver a diversity of projects (mainly stormwater, wastewater, coastal, riverine related). Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking project related fieldwork including environmental monitoring and maintenance
- Data analysis, including statistics, interpretation and report writing
- Project management and provision of technical support for environmental construction projects
- Liaison with clients and Syrinx staff (in various office and field locations)
- Help to build new Client relationships and work opportunities.
The successful candidate will report directly to our Construction Specialist/BD Manager (based in Launceston). You will need to have demonstrated ability to work autonomously, have excellent communication skills, and be proactive in working with team members based in other offices. The role has excellent advancement opportunities.
You are an Australian citizen or have a permanent residency.
You have a degree in environmental science, natural resource management or similar and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role. You are energetic, self-motivated and flexible with excellent communication skills, comfortable working in a small team and harnessing the skills and knowledge of a highly competent wider team.
- Demonstrated capabilities with project management, environmental monitoring, data analysis and monitoring and reporting;
- Excellent client and regulatory liaison and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated high standard of written work;
- An applied knowledge of WHS practices, procedures and protocols;
- “C” Class manual drivers license;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and in a close team environment.
We have a strong preference for a local Tasmanian who has an understanding of the State and an established network, however are open to others. We are looking for evidence of innovative thinking, strong Client relationships, project outcomes, and an ability to delve into and help solve complex environmental challenges.
Should you be interested in being part of a vibrant and innovative team and live in Tasmania, please send your application (cover letter and CV) via the Seek link. For any position related queries, please call our Head Office 08 9227 9355.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?