Work for a company transforming some of the countries most contaminated land and waterways, using innovative, technology-driven solutions.
- Work alongside a dynamic and innovative team
- A culture that values innovation by adapting and evolving with market changes
- True focus on diversity and inclusion through the work of our Ventia Diversity Council
We're seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist to undertake groundwater monitoring on service station sites around Australia. You will be actively engaged in the collection, management and reporting of environmental data. This role will be based in Chatswood NSW with extensive travel and periods away from home.
About the role
Under direction from the Project Manager, you will assist in the delivery of a range of environmental monitoring projects. Youll be responsible for several key activities including:
- Be a safety champion within your team
- Undertaking environmental data collection activities
- Undertake fieldwork the majority of the time
- Checking data for accuracy, correct interpretation and completeness
- Ensure assigned tasks run to schedule
You will have:
- Qualification in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or other similar fields
- Experience in groundwater monitoring and the ability to write technical reports
- Good computer skills and aptitude for learning new software packages
- The ability to work unsupervised & to routinely travel and work remotely, away from home
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- First aid certificate and construction induction (white card).
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our peoples careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our peoples' wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that's right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and its what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches