Environmental Scientist - Coal Seam Gas
Fyfe is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing comprehensive engineering, environmental, planning, and surveying services throughout Australia. Fyfe work with a wide range of clients in the Energy & Resources, Infrastructure and Property sectors to provide high quality, commercially pragmatic solutions with a strong focus on client service and delivery.
Our National Environment group is expanding in Queensland and Fyfe is looking to appoint an Environmental Scientist to join a team based in our Brisbane office. Supported by our National Environment group, this is an exciting and challenging role where you will play a critical role in the success and growth of the Queensland Environmental business.
The role will include, but is not limited to, the following key areas:
- Preparation of environmental deliverables for Coal Seam Gas Workpacks;
- Environmental Compliance for Construction Projects;
- Flora and Fauna Assessment and Management;
- Erosion and Sediment Control and Watercourses;
- Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Approvals;
- Environmental Due Diligence Assessments;
- Construction Site Environmental Auditing, Inspections and Reporting; and
- Site Contamination Assessment and Management.
The role will be predominately office based with field work as required. You will have a strong understanding of environmental principals and local regulatory compliance. An important part of this role will be the ability to work directly with our client and other stakeholders to ensure thorough environmental advice and successful project delivery for the client.
- Previous experience preparing environmental deliverables for Coal Seam Gas Workpacks;
- A tertiary degree in Environmental Science or a related qualification;
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical report preparation;
- Strong experience with a range of environmental practices;
- Flexibility to undertake field work;
- Current drivers licence; and
- Strong commitment to workplace health and safety.
This position can commence immediately for the right person. To accelerate your career and form part of our energetic and ambitious team please click the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your application.
Agency applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.