Environmental Scientist/ Contaminated Land Consultant
About the business
SESL Australia is a specialist environmental and soil consultancy with over 30 years experience in delivering high quality scientific outcomes to leading business and government clients.
About the role
An opening exists for an experienced Environmental Scientist/Contaminated Land Consultant within the busy environmental services team in Sydney. The position has been developed to fill the need for a highly skilled and motivated scientist to be involved in the full range of office and site-based activities.
This role includes both full project accountability and reporting, focused on the assessment of sites for contaminated land management, remedial design and validation, catchment and environmental water monitoring, groundwater investigations, waste management, and acid sulfate soil assessments.
SESL have a strong client focus, and the successful candidate will be engaging regularly with our clients to build our business.
Benefits and perks
A chance to be involved in exciting and challenging projects with a dynamic team of experts.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary level qualifications in Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Science or Hydrogeology from a recognised institution with a good knowledge of fundamental environmental sciences.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a project manager in contaminated land related projects.
- Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written communications and strong adherence to quality and precision.
- Significant exposure to Contaminated Land, Environmental Water Monitoring, Acid Sulfate Assessments, Hazardous Material and/or Waste Classification industries.
- Hazardous material/licenced asbestos assessor preferable, not mandatory.
- Have a good understanding of NSW EPA contaminated land guidelines is essential.
- A team player able to be given direction through manages own tastes & workflow effectively and complete tasks in timely and accurate manner.
- A valid Australian drivers licence and the ability to operate vehicles on and off road.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?