Environmental Scientist (Graduate)
Are you a Environmental Scientist student looking to kick start your career? Do you have an enthusiastic attitude and strive to be a leader for the leading engineering consultancy in the Central Coast?
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno is seeking Graduate Environmental Scientists who are looking to kick start their career in 2019. Flexibility to be based in the Gosford or Newcastle office as part of the northern NSW team.
Here, you will be working with a team of technical professionals delivering complex projects across a multidisciplinary consultancy. This role will have you gain diverse experiences on feature projects and in the way we operate, whilst being given the guidance and support at Cardno to ensure you make a valid contribution to our business with the potential to join the team long term.
Key responsibilities you will be required to undertake will include:
- Participate in the delivery of projects with a focus on exceeding client requirements and technical compliance
- Hands on experience with design calculations and records within time and budget constraints whilst developing the skills and knowledge of software packages
- Develop practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Undertake work related training and self-development for career advancement
- Collaborate with project staff and work within a team of technical specialists in their field
You are a self-motivated character looking to impact and drive the business, having demonstrated the following:
- Preferably finishing your tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering
- Competent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to retain learning from others and apply to future tasks
- A motivated "can do" attitude with the ability to use your initiative to solve problems and assist your work colleagues
- A strong work ethic and drive, and appreciation to convert learning and development to project performance
- The ability to work within a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, and to help you balance your career and personal life.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter with the reference number N19 / 9830 / 070.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.