Environmental Scientist/Engineer - Newcastle
Would you like the opportunity to join a growing global organisation in Australia that values its people and their careers?
Ambitious and ready to continue building your career in environmental consulting? Want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced national contaminated land management team? One with the scope to work on a diverse range of complex and challenging projects across Australia?
If you have the drive and desire to build your career with a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for land contamination and remediation, environmental planning and approvals, ecology, flora and fauna, spotter catcher services, land rehabilitation, bushfire planning and design.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of over 2,500 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, Kleinfelder Australia continues to deliver local projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our contaminated land management team in Newcastle. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex site assessment and remediation projects for a growing client base including Defence, local government, major oil companies and operators of large industrial facilities.
The role will involve using your technical skills and knowledge on a wide variety of projects for both private sector and government clients including:
- Project scoping, proposal writing and fieldwork preparation.
- Executing on ground field works at contaminated sites involving the collection of soil, sediment, surface and groundwater samples and supervision of drilling contractors.
- Undertaking all works consistent with our safety values, systems and procedures.
- Evaluating and distilling field and analytical data.
- Preparing scientific and technical reports.
- Working as part of a broad team to help solve complex environmental issues.
This role is offered as a full or part time role and offers flexible work arrangements for the right candidate.
We are seeking talented and curious scientists/engineers who want to advance their career with a global environmental consultancy. Ideally you will bring the following Key Criteria:
- A degree in environmental engineering, geology or relevant earth science.
- Ideally CEnvP (SC) Accreditation or working towards it.
- Defence Baseline Clearance.
- 6+ years of related professional experience in contaminated land investigations and remediation (within a consultancy would be an advantage).
- A passion for field-based project work including soil and groundwater sampling, contractor supervision and safety management.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills and the aptitude to confidently liaise with project teams, regulators and clients representative.
- Ability to leverage senior project managers by supporting project scoping and planning, subcontractor management, financial controls and preparing scientific reports to a high standard.
- Safety leadership in the field and commitment to adopting behavioural based safety programs.
- The drive and commitment to succeed and to be a strong contributor to the growth and success of Kleinfelder in Australia.
- Ability and willingness to travel interstate.
The right person will join our Newcastle team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to develop their career working on a diverse range of large and technical challenging contaminated land projects. You will reap the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder’s Technical Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexuality, marital status, pregnancy, race, religious beliefs, political beliefs or affiliations, industrial activity, disability, age or carers responsibilities or any other protected attribute in accordance with relevant state and Commonwealth legislation.
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 25 October 2021
Contact: Brendan Grant at [email protected].
To Apply, please apply via this seek ad - https://www.seek.com.au/job/54091290
Applications that do not address the Essential Criteria (What you will bring), together with a recent CV/resume will not be considered.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Environmental Scientist?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?