Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Earth Scientist
About BlueSphere Environmental
BlueSphere Environmental is an employee owned professional services firm specialising in hydrogeological assessment, environmental site assessment, contaminated land remediation and groundwater resource evaluation. BlueSphere's core strength is hydrogeology and contaminated land investigation and remediation. We employ staff with expertise in geology, environmental chemistry, environmental risk assessment and environmental auditing. BlueSphere has offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide and services a broad range of industry sectors including government, property, waste, mining, construction and energy.
Our mission is ‘to know how things work - better than anyone else - and to use this knowledge to make the world a better place’. Our mission drives a very strong culture of striving for technical excellence and of staff development. This position will see you playing a role in delivering on our mission and enhancing our technical capability, consistent with our vision – ‘to be recognised as the leading environmental consultancy wherever we practice’.
BlueSphere is strongly founded on values of integrity, teamwork, learning and growth, excellence, creativity and simplicity. We are seeking candidates that respect and conduct themselves in accordance with these values.
BlueSphere is currently seeking a tertiary qualified Environmental Scientist, Environmental Engineer or Earth Scientist with up to three years' experience in environmental services/consulting/research to join its growing Melbourne office. Suitably qualified graduates with no industry experience are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Melbourne, however, the candidate should be willing to spend a portion of their working time conducting field work at locations outside of Melbourne.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct and manage field programs, including drill rig supervision, soil sampling, groundwater sampling and aquifer testing.
- Conduct historical reviews of sites including searches of publicly available databases and other information sources.
- Collate and manage laboratory and field data including laboratory liaison regarding quality assurance/ quality control (QA/QC) measures.
- Compile and interpret laboratory and field results for inclusion in technical reports.
- Assist in the writing and preparation of technical reports and proposals.
- Be mentored and trained in a team environment.
We are seeking candidates with the following essential requirements:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- A tertiary qualification in one of environmental science, chemistry, earth science (geology/hydrogeology) or environmental/chemical engineering. Post graduate qualifications such as masters or honours or previous experience within the field of contaminated land consulting will be considered advantageous.
- A full current Australian Drivers Licence.
The following would be considered favourably:
- Existing experience in contaminated land assessment including knowledge of appropriate legislation and guidelines;
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for spatial analysis, data management, and map creation; and
- Candidates who hold a Construction Induction Card, first aid training and relevant OHS training.
- South Melbourne office location, close to public transport.
- Immediate start preferred, although we can be flexible for the right candidate.
- Salary negotiable, based on experience.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the 'apply for this job' button below and follow the prompts. Please submit a CV and covering letter, addressing the key responsibilities and criteria. Applications received without a covering letter and CV addressing the selection criteria, will not be considered.
Applications close 5pm (AEST) Friday 20th September 2019.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be notified by Thursday 26th September 2019. If shortlisted, you must be available to attend an interview in person at the Melbourne office (113 Ferrars Street, South Melbourne) on Tuesday 1st October or Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified following completion of interviews.
This role does not require Agency input. BlueSphere Environmental does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?