Environmental Scientist/Occupational Hygienist - Sydney
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation based in Newcastle or Sydney, Australia
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements while continuing to grow your career
Put your innovative thinking, technical excellence and business skills into high gear. When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world. Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Greener infrastructure.
AECOM has a unique opportunity for an Environmental Scientist / Occupational Hygienist to join our supportive team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in the field on a variety of high-end and rewarding projects and be part of a team committed to achieving success and quality results. You will have the opportunity to work on projects across Australia as part of the Compliance Services Team in the field of asbestos, hazardous materials and occupational hygiene.
Specific works will encompass asbestos air monitoring, surveying, clearance inspections and related consultancy and management services. Additional services provided to our clients include gravimetric analysis, noise dosimetry assessments, and monitoring of a wide range of occupational contaminants of concern.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct asbestos and hazardous material surveys (sampling and management);
- Conduct asbestos and hazardous material investigations and assessments;
- Conduct asbestos monitoring, implementing programs and site supervision;
- Asbestos fibre counting laboratory analysis;
- Undertake a range of occupational monitoring and reporting;
- Client liaison including provision of client reports.
- Qualifications in Occupational Hygiene, Environmental Science or equivalent disciplines;
- Good experience in a similar role with strong knowledge of current legislation pertaining to asbestos and hazardous materials;
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional skills in report writing and proposal preparation;
- Have an Asbestos Assessor Licence;
- Hold a valid driver’s licence and be available for extensive local and interstate travel.
Why work at AECOM?
AECOM is a collaborative force of world-class innovators - bright, creative, quirky and curious individuals - inspired to transform our world for the better.
We’ve been recognized 4-years running by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern, energy-efficient and sustainably designed CBD offices
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. workplace massages, gym/ health insurance discounts, vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Study assistance
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Professional memberships
Find out more about AECOM’s commitment to Inclusion and Diversity here: https://www.linkedin.com/organization/15656/campaign/5be7d284-2c51-48dc-b166-95cae48a957b/