Environmental Site Representative
At Daracon Group we value our people as key assets and hold the safety of our workers, contractors and clients as the highest priority. Our commitment to safety, quality and the environment form part of our core values and are a fundamental part of everything that we do. A key part of our ability to deliver on our commitments in regards Health, Safety, Environment and Quality is both the strong management systems we have in place and the expert team of HSEQ professionals that work in our team.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Site Representative to facilitate environmental management on a major infrastructure project for Daracon Group. This role will see you providing support, advice and mentoring to our site management team to ensure the effective implementation of the Management System and the achievement of our strategic objectives.
To be considered you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Environmental Management, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering related discipline;
- Proven experience in Environmental Management on road construction or other equivalent works;
- Proven hands on experience in environmental management practices relating to civil construction, particularly soil and water management principals;
- Ability to advise on environmental matters including compliance with project relevant statutory approvals, licences, permits and authorisations;
- Completed Generic Construction Induction Training (White Card or equivalent);
- Experience with participating in audits, completing incident reporting and investigations.
- Competent computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and the ability to use standard drawing tools on PC (e.g. Microsoft Visio, Bluebeam, PDF or equivalent);
- Ability to manage time well and prioritise works;
- Strong administration skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to influence and motivate people;
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a pressurised environment;
- Experience in maintaining project management systems and
- Current Australian Driver’s License.
- Lead Auditor Qualified (Environmental & Quality Management Systems);
- Qualifications in Soil & Water Management with respect to Civil Construction works (i.e. Certificate of Completion of approved course in Landcoms Blue Book – Managing Urban Stormwater – Soils and Construction (Landcom 2004) and
- Experience in environmental aspects to all tiers of Government (Federal, State and Local).
- Daracon Group Environment, Quality & Training Manager
This is a new role and as such presents a fantastic opportunity for you to make the position your own and be genuinely recognised for your contribution to the Group. To apply, please click the click the 'apply for this job' button below or email your application to [email protected]