About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help to power highly-developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product.
We operate six mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales and have developed a reputation for excellence in operations, project delivery and safe and efficient operations. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
The Role: Environmental Superintendent (Maules Creek, NSW)
An opportunity exists for an experienced Environmental Superintendent to join our Maules Creek Operation. You will be accountable for providing professional and technical advice in relation to the effective environmental management of mining operations and associated activities to support this large scale, long life operation.
Reporting to the General Manager – Maules Creek, this role is responsible for continually developing and improving upon the current Environmental Management System, particularly in relation to the Company’s environmental obligations.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Degree qualifications in Environmental Sciences or related discipline
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of regulatory processes in the mining sector
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative to drive change for improvement
- Experienced in implementing monitoring programs to identify performance improvements
- Ability to maintain a timely reporting system
- High level oral and written communication skills, particularly in delivering information and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated with an ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application, then click Apply
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Closing Date: 21st December 2018
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.