First Quantum is a stable and reputable multinational mining company with 7 operating mines.
We are currently recruiting a high performance team for our Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation.
We are searching for dynamic people to join our small HR team.
We provide relocation support and rent-free housing in the picturesque town of Hopetoun, WA.
As Environmental Superintendent you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Establish and maintain systems of work to ensure continuous compliance to licences and approvals relevant to the operation.
- Scope and prepare documents such as Approval Applications, Environmental Management Plans, Annual Environment Reports and EMS Procedures
- Supervise Environmental Technicians conducting the environmental monitoring program
- Collate, interpret and report environmental data
- Develop and implement rehabilitation and land management procedures.
- Manage environmental contractors and consultants
- Develop and deliver awareness and training programs
- Represent the company when required
- Align environmental management system to regulatory standards
- Assist operational personnel to fulfil their environmental obligations and functions
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a mining operations role
- Experience and understanding of Mining Environment Legislation including statutory reports such as NGERS, NPI and AERs
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation for Approval Applications, Environmental Management Plans and EMS
- Knowledge and experience of Process Plant environmental aspects such as groundwater movement and air emissions
- Knowledge and experience with GIS, preferable ArcGIS
- Work organisation skills to ensure meeting tight deadlines and work unsupervised
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc.