Environmental Systems & Reporting Coordinator
- Fantastic role to work in a high performing, well-supported team
- Develop, maintain and improve our environmental and regulatory compliance monitoring and reporting processes.
Snowy Hydro has a world class reputation in engineering innovation and technical expertise. We own and operate a powerful combination of hydro, gas and diesel generation assets, including the 4500 megawatt Snowy Mountains Scheme. We continue to play a vital role in the growth and development of Australia's national economy and providing fast response power to light up the morning and evening rush hours of Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide.
We have an exciting opportunity that's become available for an Environmental Systems & Reporting Coordinator to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract (covering maternity leave), to develop, maintain and improve our environmental and regulatory compliance monitoring and reporting processes.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Working with operations and ICT to ensure plant/ data collection systems are monitoring and recording compliance related data accurately;
- Developing and maintaining systems for storing our hydro and thermal compliance data for regulatory compliance reporting purposes;
- Producing statutory reports against environmental licenses and obligations (greenhouse or carbon related reports (NGER), pollution reports (NPI);
- Assisting with design and delivery of internal audit program;
- Contributing to website maintenance.
Skills and experience you will ideally possess:
- Previous experience in an environmental advisory or natural resource management role;
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports to meet external compliance obligations;
- Ability to develop constructive relationships and positively influence agencies and regulators;
- Understanding of NSW, VIC and/SA environmental legislation, standards and codes of practice;
- Proven skills in environmental auditing, incident investigation, and report writing;
- Experience working in a similar industry with qualification in environmental or natural resource management discipline or equivalent.
Exceptional customer service and ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of the workforce will come naturally to you along with strong interpersonal and probing skills.
If this role sounds like you and you are happy to consider a 12 month fixed term role, based out of Cooma, NSW (relocation provided), then we'd like to hear from you. To express interest, send your applications across following the link below.