Environmental Technician (Graduate Position)
Perth Based Position (Bibra Lake)
"Experts in monitoring, reducing and removing
pollutants in air, water and land"
Continued strong business growth and an overwhelming positive response by our clients enables Emission Assessments to offer an opportunity for an enthusiastic Environmental Technician to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Performing environmental programs in air monitoring practices including:
- Stack emission testing;
- Ambient air monitoring;
- Occupational hygiene monitoring;
- Noise assessments; and
- Odour surveys.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Air Quality and Noise Business Unit, which is well established and experiencing continued growth. This is an opportunity to gain environmental expertise, people skills, writing prowess, professionalism and importantly, your individuality and ability to share your ideas and enthusiasm with a team who will listen and encourage your contributions.
What we are looking for in our Environmental Technician:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- An Environmental Science or similar degree;
- Australian citizen;
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical procedures;
- Confidence in using and troubleshooting instrumentation;
- Good practical handling skills;
- Ability to work in a careful, methodological and safe manner;
- Ability to work well in a small team, as well as independently;
- Full drivers license.
The following skills and experience would also be highly regarded:
- Prior experience in the monitoring of stack emissions or ambient air emissions;
- Occupational hygiene or noise monitoring experience / training;
- An understanding of basic chemistry and physics principles;
- Competency in Excel and Word.
What Emission Assessments offers our people:
- Competitive salary
- Career planning
- Multidisciplinary work
- Professional development opportunities
- Challenging and fulfilling programs
- Opportunities to shine and be recognised
- Ethical, accredited and independent workplace striving for excellence and consistency.
Our core values and ethics are steeped in the tradition of quality service, independent advice and the deployment of nationally accredited standards. This is underpinned by our fully Integrated Management System which is accredited for Quality (AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2008), Occupational Health and Safety (AS/NZS 4801: 2001; OHSAS 18001: 2007) and Environment (AS/NZS ISO 14001: 2004) and an accessible and vibrant management team with in excess of 120 years of combined experience
Emission Assessments Pty Ltd
(08) 9494 2958