Environmental Vacation Student
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Yarrabee Coal Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Enviromental Vacation Student to join our dynamic team over the summer period.
About the Role
Reporting to the Enviromental & Community Superintendent and working closely with the Enviromental Coordinator you will have the oportunity to work alongside industry professionals and gain exposure to iconic projects. The Enviromental Vacation student will have the opportunity to provide Yarrabee Coal Company and Boonal Joint Venture with professional and technical support in relation to the effective management of our environment responsibilities and statutory obligations. We will provide you with support and direction to ensure you have a valuable placement and provide opportunities to develop proffesionally.
Roster: Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
- The succesfull applicant will possess the following qualities:
- Enthusastic and eager to develop professionally
- Passion for excellence in client service and project delivery
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Awareness of environment legislation.
- Abilty to identify hazards and responsive to safety issues.
- Well developed Microsoft office skills.
- Interest in potentially developing a career within the Mining Industry as an Environmental Professional.
- Must have completed at least the 1st year of Environmental related tertiary qualifications with intension of continuing and completing such studies in future years.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available:
- Exposure to industry professionals and hands on experience with innovative projects
- Full time pay for working to gain valuable experience as an undergraduate within your chosen profession within the Environmenal and Community field
- Meals and accomodation provided
- Experience living and working within a small Central Queensland community with all the attractions of the region
If you would like to apply for this role please click the 'apply for this job' button below.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close Friday 25 September 2020.