Environmental Waste Consultant
About REMONDIS Australia Pty Ltd:
We are one of Australia’s leading waste management companies, offering comprehensive collection, treatment and disposal solutions and services for commercial and municipal customers.
REMONDIS Australia is dedicated to service excellence; working in partnership with customers to deliver innovative, safe, reliable solutions and services that support customers to improve operational performance and meet sustainability targets.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an additional Environmental Waste Consultant to join our team at REMONDIS. This position will be based in Melbourne and you will be assisting the existing Client Liaison Officers and Project Managers in managing waste, water and energy services at new and existing client sites. The role is similar to an entry level account management position and may suit those who wish to develop or improve a career in the waste management industry, and who are passionate about assisting large organisations tackle the ‘war on waste’.
You will need to have a commitment to safety and customer service and be able to work in a team environment.
Specific duties include but are not limited to;
- Identifying opportunities to improve waste management practices across a large client portfolio, which includes some of Australia’s leading businesses;
- Ensuring all client accounts / projects are profitable and deliver on their promised objectives;
- Maintaining close customer relations with clients by providing a professional, high quality service;
- Managing internal and external supplier arrangements and relationships;
- Ensuring that the business leads the waste sector in safety/environmental performance, and identifies and manages its key HSE risks; and
- Proactively managing unplanned waste emergencies.
- Requirement to travel interstate for short periods of time across VIC/SA/TAS
The right person will have:
- Previous experience in customer-focused roles;
- A desire to always deliver more for their client and not settle for the status quo.
- Previous experience in the waste management or environmental management industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Exceptional presentation / report preparation software skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage your own time and workload; and
- Flexibility - as hours of work may vary depending on business requirements.
Why join REMONDIS?
Make the move to be a part of something bigger, exciting and challenging!
We are offering:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Company Car
- Great working environment
- Laptop & Mobile phone
- Opportunity to become an integral member of a stable and innovative organisation
As part of our usual recruitment process you will be required to provide a copy of a current licence, proof of entitlement to work in Australia, and undergo a full medical, with a drug and alcohol test.
If you feel you would be suited to this position or know someone who is please apply. Applications close on 30th April 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REMONDIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that fosters a diverse & equality driven workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.