Are you seeking a company that:
- Values and rewards employees?
- Offers professional development opportunities and interesting projects?
- Provides flexible work options and a fun and supportive workplace?
Then check us out!
Our Canberra office is growing through an exciting period of change – new clients, new leadership and new exciting projects to work on! We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced ecologist to join our growing and talented team.
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, a Tetra Tech Company, is one of Australia’s leading ecological, environmental assessment, and conservation planning consultancies. Even with our exciting growth and continued development, we continue to believe that we make a significant contribution to improving environmental outcomes in Australia by delivering high quality consulting services that combine a landscape approach with sound scientific principles, strategic thinking, effective communication and integrity.
About the role:
As our new experienced ecologist, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the ACT and surrounding NSW regions, and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. The role will involve flora and fauna assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
- At least five years’ ecological consulting experience (preferably in ACT or NSW)
- Working knowledge of ACT and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Strong ACT fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
- Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork
- Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
- Strong project, budget, and client management skills
- Current driver’s licence.
It is also desirable that candidates have:
- Demonstrated proficiency with GIS software.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
How to apply:
For further information about the position, please contact Matt Dowle, Canberra Office Manager, on 02 6103 2317.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email [email protected] before close of business Friday, 8 February 2019.