Exceptional Exploration Geologists Wanted
Millennium Minerals Limited is an ASX listed company that commenced operations at the Nullagine Gold Project in September 2012. Located in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia the operations produce 85 - 95k ounces per year through a 1.8mtpa CIL plant and source ore from numerous open pits located within a 35km radius of the process plant.
The company had a successful 2018 and wish to build on that through 2019 with a continuation of exploration activity. The exploration focus is belt-scale, targeting high-value gold deposits to increase ore reserves. An exciting opportunity has arisen due to internal movements for experienced exploration geologists to join and contribute to our close-knit resource development and exploration group.
The key responsibilities of the position are as below, however you may be required to assist in other avenues of the operation as directed by the site team. You will be reporting and liaising to the Senior Exploration Geologist on site and your principal duties will include:
- Comply with all company and statutory environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures
- planning and autonomous Supervision of Resource Definition drilling programmes
- Direct accountability of drilling, sampling, logging and daily geological data collection
- Generation and interpretation of geological plans and cross sections
- Perform regional mapping and sampling programmes
- Liaise with the Principal Resource Geologist to produce ore resource estimates
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you must be able to display the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Strong geological mapping and interpretation skills
- Good communication and presentation skills both oral and written
- Exceptionally self-motivated
- Applicable software experience
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in geology
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in exploration drilling in Archaean gold exploration
- Exposure with GIS, Log Chief, Micromine and Surpac software highly desirable
If these positions appeal to you please click the 'apply for this job' button below. Please put in the subject line the position you are applying for.
NO applications or cold calling from agencies will be taken for these positions. Previous applicants need not reapply we will review your application during this process.