Fire Program Manager
About The Position:
The Fire Program Manager is responsible for devising, overseeing and managing fire operations for Native Title groups and other external and internal stakeholders across the Kimberley in order to protect and conserve native vegetation and species in collaboration with traditional methodologies and contemporary practices, mitigating risks, empowering Traditional Owners and delivering services to external stakeholders or customers.
The position operates out of Broome KLC office with regular travel across the Kimberley.
Please note that it is essential your application addresses each of the selection criteria by providing information about your qualifications, experience and skills as they relate to each one.
1. Demonstrated experience in conservation, land management, and fire control.
2. Demonstrate highly developed knowledge and understanding of Kimberley Aboriginal people, their societies and cultures including an understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian society and the diversity of their circumstances.
3. Demonstrated experience in organisational leadership which incorporates Aboriginal perspectives to include highly developed understanding and skills that are culturally appropriate for participative decision-making processes involving Kimberley Aboriginal people.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, including the requirement for highly developed negotiation and consultation skills in relation to Kimberley Aboriginal people on matters relevant to the delivery of services.
5. Project management skills and an ability to provide leadership and direction in the achievement of specific goals within set timeframes.
6. High-level communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to provide leadership and direction to staff, determine workflow and provide staff with mentoring, coaching and performance management.
7. Working knowledge of financial management and budgets and implementation of effective management systems related to these.
8. Highly developed writing skills including an ability to develop briefing papers, reports and written materials that show credibility and a high level of technical proficiency.
9. Conflict resolution skills and the ability to manage complex issues effectively.
Salary And Benefits:
KLC Executive Level 1.0 - 1.4. Superannuation of 10% and additional salary allowances offered include district allowance, rental assistance where applicable, relocation allowance, salary sacrificing options and 5 weeks annual leave.
How to apply:
- See full Job Description, including the selection criteria.
Submit a copy of your current CV, a cover letter and a statement against the selection criteria via the Apply for this job button, or directly to [email protected].
Please apply no later than 5 pm, 04 August 2022.
The Kimberley Land Council is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women and people from culturally diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately and to close these advertisements early should a suitable candidate be found.
You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen to apply.