Ecology and Heritage Partners is a professional ecological and cultural heritage consultancy providing high quality technical services in the field of ecological assessment, cultural heritage assessment, research and management. The business provides effective and innovative terrestrial flora and fauna advice and cultural heritage advice to a range of state and local government authorities/agencies, corporate and private clients, and selected non-government organisations. We have offices in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane and Adelaide.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic individual who wishes to further develop their experience and skills as a GIS Officer, and to work closely with other GIS professionals in a full time capacity. . The successful applicant will undertake GIS work and will provide support to our dedicated team of professionals. Based in Ascot Vale, your key priorities will be to:
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Company's GIS system.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the Company's GIS capabilities.
- Undertake GIS work, which can include GIS map generation, data manipulation and analysis, field template preparation, aerial photograph interpretation.
- Contribute to the development of GIS and other technology tools e.g. (mobile GIS/GPS, hand-held PDAs) that add value to the services provided by the Company.
- Save and store data in systematic way.
- Relevant tertiary degree (e.g. GIS, Geospatial Science, Geomatics or Cartography) or other GIS specific qualification.
- Technical competence in the use of ESRI ArcGIS is essential with Arc GIS online desired.
- Knowledge of other GIS software and related technologies are an advantage, e.g. QGIS, 3D Modelling, scripting or LIDAR.
- Thorough understanding of spatial data and its management as well as a good understanding of cartography and good map design.
- High level of organisational skills
- Good time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to time lines
- Ability to work to high level of accuracy and quality expectations
- General computer skills with proficiency in specific technical applications
- A background in natural resource management or consulting would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be competent with MS Office products.
What We Offer You
Company benefits include:
- A positive and supportive office culture which values people as their greatest asset
- Passionate and technically experienced staff to help develop your skills
- Investment in tools, training and innovation to ensure we are market leaders
- A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications, skills and experience
- Discretionary bonus for high achievers
- Professional development opportunities around career and networking
- Staff wellbeing initiatives including:-
- gifted leave between Christmas and New Year (discretionary)
- Birthday leave
- staff social events, and
- monthly massage/pilates in office
Previous applicants for advertised positions at Ecology and Heritage Partners Pty Ltd are welcome to apply.
Applications (including cover letter) to: [email protected]
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?