Graduate Environmental Advisor
Norton Gold Fields (Norton or "the Company") is one of Australia's largest domestic gold producers, with recent annual production of upto 200,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia's world-class Kalgoorlie gold region, including a highly prospective tenement package of over 1,000km² surrounding the 3.8Mtpa Paddington Mill.
Norton Gold Fields is seeking a Graduate Environmental Advisor to join our team at Paddington. An Employer of Choice with a Clear Growth Strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Reporting to Senior Environmental Advisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking of all aspects of mining to in an environmentally acceptable manner.
The Key Tasks of the role include:
- Collate findings and report data to Senior Environmental Advisor.
- Support environmental team members as directed in environmental approval documentation (eg mining proposals, groundwater well licences, environmental discharge licences, dangerous goods licensing). Including field work with contractors who undertake background scientific research (eg flora and fauna surveys, heritage surveys, groundwater investigations).
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of Environmental Management System including documents, procedures, and compliance registers.
- Support environmental team members on compliance activities such as groundwater monitoring and reporting, landscape functional analysis, energy efficiency, national pollution inventory, etc. are undertaken in compliance with legal requirements.
- Assist senior environmental team members in the delivery of closure plans and tasks necessary for the implementation of those closure plans.
- Assist senior environmental team members in the implementation of various proactive environmental initiatives to ensure that Norton Gold Fields is seen as an active environmental performer.
- Represent Norton Gold Fields in the community as required in events such as community education and consultation on environmental performance.
- Any other duties as required.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Sound understanding of applicable environmental legislation, standards and codes of practice, in particular its application to mining practices.
- Previous exposure to the mining (or similar) industry is desirable.
- Current unrestricted “C” Class WA Manual Drivers Licence.
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable).
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Private health insurance allowance.
- Optional TPD insurance allowance.
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply
Please forward your application to [email protected]. Please ensure you attach copies of all relevant qualifications/licences to the role you are applying for.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi-cultural backgrounds to apply.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or “the Company”) is one of Australia’s largest domestic gold producers, with annual production of more than 180,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australia’s world-class Kalgoorlie gold region.
The Paddington Operations has gold ore reserves of 1.03Moz and mineral resources of 6.03Moz and a mine life in excess of ten years, with considerable exploration upside from more than 80 known prospects across its tenement package. The Company is well positioned in growing the business with the strong support from its major shareholder Zijin Mining Group Co., Limited.
The Paddington mining and exploration tenement package covers an area of 1000km². It is 100% owned and operated by Norton Gold Fields Limited and is centred around the Paddington Mill which is located 35km north-west of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?