Graduate Environmental Engineer / Scientist
Cardno’s Geosciences and Environment Group is an integrated environmental services consultant to a wide range of clients providing environmental and geotechnical consultancy services, from advisory and management services, conducting extensive environmental evaluations, intrusive investigations (i.e. soil, sediment, Acid Sulfate Soils (ASS), surface water, leachate, landfill gas, vapour and groundwater), environmental audits, risk assessment, remediation services and geotechnical investigations at sites located across Australia
The primary focus of this role will be in contaminated land assessment and remediation. This will involve assisting with investigations, from fieldwork, to preparing reports in a timely manner. A fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to join a progressive global organisation with a great team culture.
The role also involves:
- Assisting in undertaking field including sample collection and contractor supervision
- Assisting in data analysis and report preparation
- Develop practical and commercial solutions to problems
- Collaborate with project staff and work within a team of technical specialists in their field
You will be a motivated and proactive Environmental Engineer/ Scientist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A self-motivated character looking to be challenged and make a difference on major projects within Australia;
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/ Engineering, Geology, Hydrology or other relevant field
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word & MS Excel);
- Intermediate to advanced skills in report writing;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative/be pro-active within business constraints will be an advantage.
- The flexibility to work outside of Melbourne on occasion
Benefits at Cardno
We offer a supportive and engaging working environment, in a convenient location in Melbourne CBD close to Public Transport as well as cafés and restaurants. Cardno encourages staff wellbeing by sponsoring various social and sporting activities, and genuine work/life balance through flexible working arrangements.
Cardno rewards staff contributions by providing:
- A supportive work environment with a culture that values staff
- Long term career opportunities nationally and internationally
- Planned investment into your training and development
- Modern office with excellent facilities and entertaining areas
- Financial and Corporate employee benefit offers and discounts
- Established recognition and rewards program
- Truly flexible working arrangements with industry leading parental leave benefits, a purchase-leave scheme, and additional personal leave for parents with children under 5
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter, with the reference number M18.9830.072
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.