Graduate Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Are you a motivated individual, who strives for excellence and has a passion for all things Water? We are looking for a Graduate Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join our award winning Hydrology team in Perth; could this be you?
Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We work across a number of sectors including land use planning, property and urban development, industrial development, oil & gas, resources and mining, natural resource management and agriculture. This is an exciting time at Emerge as with the success of our Perth and Margaret River offices, our business continues to grow as we recently opened the doors to a new office in Melbourne.
Our Hydrology team is made up of environmental consultants, scientists and engineers ranging in experience from Graduate through to Principal. Many of our team are actively involved in the wider water and development industry (through associations including Australian Water Association, Urban Development Industry of Australia and Property Council of Australia) ensuring we are at the forefront of water conversations here in WA and Nationally, and help us to strive for sustainable, innovative water outcomes in our projects. Our team have been involved with award winning projects receiving recognition across the industry within the urban development and infrastructure space.
About the role
As a graduate consultant you will be working primarily with the hydrology team and involved in completing technical support of water management projects with tasks including:
- Desktop environmental reviews
- Groundwater and surface water data review and analysis
- Catchment analysis and parameterisation
- Surface flow quantity and quality analysis
- Floodway and floodplain assessments
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Water balance investigations
- Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) principal
- Water management planning and strategies
- Report writing and figure drafting.
Depending on the team needs and candidate experience there may also be a requirement for a measure of field work including groundwater and surface water monitoring, infiltration testing, soil testing etc.
Your Opportunity with Emerge
The ideal candidate will have shown a clear interest in water related issues through their studies and preferably have obtained some work experience in a water related field. Emerge Associates have a strong record in welcoming new graduates into the firm and their professional careers, and providing ongoing career development opportunities both through training (in technical and professional skills), industry involvement and providing a clear pathway from Graduate through to Principal Environmental Consultant. As your role progresses from Graduate into Environmental Consultant and Lead you will be exposed to greater levels of project management, client and stakeholder engagement, scoping and budgeting, and business development opportunities, all of which are key elements of a successful career in consulting.
What you will bring
- A demonstrated interest/training in hydrology, catchment and water resource management, and/or flood risk management.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Ability to review and analyse complex datasets accurately and efficiently.
- Strong report writing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues.
- An enthusiasm, passion and willingness to assist the team to undertake project work.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within teams.
- High standards of professional and personal ethics.
- Exposure to hydrological/hydraulic modelling, groundwater modelling, and/or GIS skills are desirable.
- Experience in the consulting industry will be viewed favourably.
**A Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or Sciences or equivalent is essential.**
For more information on who we are, please head to our website www.emergeassociates.com.au.
We welcome all suitably skilled people with varying experience levels to apply for the role, however you must have permanent working rights in Australia.
(No Agencies Please)
Remuneration package will be tailored to suit the applicant’s experience and capability.
If you think this is you and you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please apply on Seek to Rebecca Hansen - Human Resources
If you require any further information on this opportunity please contact us at: [email protected]