Graduate Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Douglas Partners Pty Ltd is a home-grown geotechnical, environmental and groundwater consulting firm that excels at providing integrated practical solutions for clients.
Our purpose is Understanding the Earth and delivering practical solutions to enhance outcomes for our clients, community and environment.. We love doing just that, and our clients tell us that we are the best - we are regular winners of client choice awards! This success is due to having a team of over 500 dedicated staff throughout 20 offices across Australia, and we all place tremendous value in building lasting relationships.
In order to remain at the front in a changing world, we all adapt, learn and grow to enhance our expertise and character. At the core of our character, we have established values of Honesty, Dependability, Cooperation, Positivity, Respect and Flexibility – these values are what we like to see radiating from all our staff.
About the Role
Douglas Partners' Macarthur office located in Smeaton Grange is seeking a vibrant and driven Graduate Environmental Engineer / Scientist to join the team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
As a Graduate Environmental Engineer / Scientist, you will:
- Assist senior staff on investigation for contaminated sites, groundwater, asbestos, site remediation, salinity assessments and waste classification;
- Visit a variety of sites from residential, industrial and rural within the south-west and western Sydney region to undertake environmental and geo-environmental assessments;
- Carry out field investigation works including soil, groundwater, surface water and over-water sediment sampling in connection with site assessments;
- Manage a variety of subcontractors such as drilling rigs, excavators, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Log the subsurface and contamination conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Understand and apply NSW EPA endorsed guidelines;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
Given the variety of project work available throughout the year, there is a mix of field work and office-based time. As such, some projects will provide the unique opportunity to work in remote locations so passion and interest for this is essential!
Douglas Partners understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Operate with a flexible approach to work that may include operating in remote locations;
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- Be a passionate learner;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) or Environmental Science degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (Class C) and be able to drive manual vehicles.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
At Douglas Partners, we are committed to the objective of fostering a safe, supportive and cooperative work environment with efficient systems and diverse staff.
Here you can enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your career development to advance your skills and expertise.
Douglas Partners is a strong advocate for Engineers Australia, the national governing body for professional engineers, and provides incentives for obtaining chartered status (CPEng). We also provide attractive benefits for further education.
We also value loyalty, and after three years' service, Douglas Partners increases its superannuation contribution to 12%, together with providing increased annual leave entitlement after 5 years’ service.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please click on the “Apply for this job” button below.
With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter together with a copy of university transcript;
- A resume and any work experience references.
This position is available to Australian citizens or permanent residents. We would consider later start date for stand out candidates who may still be completing their final studies.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current manual driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working as an Environmental Engineer/Scientist?
- Please indicate your qualifications relevant to this position.