Graduate Environmental Officer
Grange Resources is Australia’s most experienced magnetite producer from its iron ore mining and pellet production business located in North-West Tasmania.
The Savage River magnetite iron ore mine is a long-life mining asset where ore is mined and processed before it is transported by pipeline to the pellet plant and ship loading facility at Port Latta.
We are seeking a Graduate Environmental Officer to be part of our HSE team initially based at Savage River mine. Working a day shift roster, 5, 2, 4, 3, you will work as part of a highly qualified team. A competitive salary is offered which includes free single person accommodation and messing whilst on site.
Key Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Environmental monitoring and reporting including water quality, air quality, waste rock and tailings disposal, hydrocarbon management and weed management.
- Environmental project work as required.
- Working with the operational teams to improve environmental awareness and performance.
- Assisting with stakeholder interactions.
We are looking for a person with:
- A degree in Environmental Engineering or Science or a related discipline.
- A good understanding of environmental management.
- Proficiency in chemistry and water chemistry.
- Sound critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills.
If you have the demonstrated capacity to fill this role and a commitment to working safely, please register your details and apply, by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.
GRANGE RESOURCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER