Graduate Environmental Scientist
About the business and the role
AGS are specialists in soil and groundwater testing, monitoring, remediation, environmental site assessments, historical site surveys, hazardous materials / asbestos audits and other industrial and commercial occupational hygiene and environmental matters. AGS is comprised of a small group of young, motivated professionals who aim to grow the business to become one of Australias leading contaminated land consultancies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated individual who has completed professional qualification in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science with up to 2 years' experience working as an Environmental Engineer/Scientist in contaminated land management.
Duties will include:
- Field investigation work;
- Contaminated land and groundwater assessments;
- Site history investigations;
- Environmental due diligence assessments;
- Environmental management plans;
- Hazardous building material audits; and
- Occupational hygiene
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification in environmental science or engineering with an ability to independently write technical reports and also demonstrate an ability to work in a team environment. We envisage the successful applicant will, within a short time frame, be managing their own projects and liaising with clients directly and, as such, they should be confident, well spoken, show initiative and able to think on their feet to solve problems as they arise in the field.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential and experience with drawing programs such as Corel beneficial. Having completed the construction industry induction will also be beneficial. Applicants must hold a current driver's license and be a full time Australian resident.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?