Graduate Environmental Scientist/Engineer
Ambitious and ready to kick-start your career in environmental consulting? Want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced national contaminated land management team? One with the scope to work on a diverse range of complex and challenging projects across Australia?
If you have the drive and desire to start your career with a company focused on connecting great people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for land contamination and remediation, environmental planning and approvals, ecology, flora and fauna, spotter catcher services, land rehabilitation, bushfire planning and design.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, can utilise the experience of over 1,800 employees globally. With 100 staff operating across Australia, Kleinfelder Australia continues to deliver local projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated environmental scientist to join our contaminated land management team in Melbourne. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex site assessment and remediation projects for a growing client base including local government, major oil companies and operators of large industrial facilities.
The role will involve using your technical skills and knowledge on a wide variety of projects for both private sector and government clients including:
- supporting project managers with project scoping and fieldwork preparation
- executing on ground field works at contaminated sites which involves the collection of soil, sediment, surface and groundwater samples and supervision of drilling contractors
- undertaking all works consistent with our safety values, systems and procedures
- evaluating and distilling field and analytical data,
- preparing scientific and technical reports.
- working as part of a broad team to help solve complex environmental issues
We are seeking talented and curious scientists who want to start building their career with a global environmental consultancy. Ideally you will bring:
- a degree in environmental engineering, geology or relevant earth science;
- 0 - 3 years of related professional experience in contaminated land investigations and remediation (within a consultancy would be an advantage).
- a passion for field-based project work including soil and groundwater sampling, oversight of drilling and excavation projects, contractor supervision and safety management;
- effective written and spoken communication skills and the aptitude to confidently liaise with project teams, regulators and clients representative;
- ability to leverage senior project managers by supporting project scoping and planning, subcontractor management, financial controls and preparing scientific reports;
- safety leadership in the field and commitment to adopting behavioural based safety programs;
- the drive and commitment to succeed and to be a strong contributor to the growth and success of Kleinfelder in Australia.
- ability and willingness to travel interstate
The right person will join our Melbourne team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to develop their career working on a diverse range of large and technical challenging contaminated land projects. You will reap the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder’s Technical Network.
Click on the 'apply for this job' button below and follow the prompts. Don't forget to attach your CV and provide further details on how you align to the About You section above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 28 February 2019
Contact: Matcham Lear for further details or a confidential discussion about your suitability for this role.
03 9907 6000
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in environmental engineering?