Graduate Environmental Technician
About the business
Assured Environmental (AE) is an independently owned environmental consultancy business providing monitoring, modelling and advice in air quality, noise, vibration, meteorology, water and lighting.
Our services and technologies help our clients maintain regulatory compliance, manage health and amenity issues, and maximise operational efficiencies. Over our years of experience, we have developed a reputation of reliability and quality service.
About the role
We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill a graduate position of Environmental Technician in our company.
- Planning and coordinating technical aspects of air testing projects (the main focus is on stack testing at industrial facilities, however extends into ambient, odour and OH&S monitoring)
- Work in a team environment and follow standard procedures with no supervision
- Facilitating the acquisition and management of data ensuring that QA/QC procedures are followed
- Perform routine and troubleshooting calibration and maintenance on instrumentation
- Working to strict schedules while maintaining product quality
- Writing of technical reports
- Quality reviewing of technical reports
- Writing of technical quotes
- Business development
- Maintenance of quality system
Skills and experience
- Post-secondary education in environmental science or environmental management with experience in air monitoring
- Good analytical and technical "hands-on" skills
- Aptitude for practical problem solving
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and to work long hours, evenings, weekends at times.
- Ability to perform manual tasks, and physically fit with the ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Aptitude for attention to detail to ensure a high degree of QA/QC
- A valid driver's licence
The position is Brisbane based with a significant portion of interstate travel.
Salary would be consummate to experience & education (secondary, tertiary &/or trade).
Applications close by Friday 30th December 2018. Please submit your application by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below. Start date February 2019.