Health Safety Environment (HSE) Coordinator
GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firms, employing more than 10,000 people across five continents. GHD serves clients in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Thriving on our client-centred culture and teamwork-based approach, our people are driven to uphold the highest health, safety, environmental and community standards.
We are seeking an experienced Health Safety Environment (HSE) Coordinator to join our ACT / NSW HSE team based in our Newcastle office. The successful applicant will be required to support teams across our ACT/NSW network.
In this role you will be tasked with supporting the HSE Manager to champion health, safety and environment engagement. You will assist in the development and implementation of HSE strategies to protect the health, safety and welfare of our staff, prevent environmental harm and instil a strong HSE culture.
GHD’s HSE management system is certified to AS/NZ4801, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Key responsibilities include:
- Guide and assist internal clients with the effective implementation of the HSE Management system
- Assist in the development, delivery and monitoring of local HSE strategies
- Coordinate timely investigations of incident and hazard reports, including monitoring the effectiveness of corrective actions
- Undertake site and office inspections, including ergonomic assessments
- Conduct reviews of risk management documentation prepared for GHD site activities
- Review implementation of subcontractor management pre-qualification and safety in design processes
- Maintain training needs analysis, monitor training completion and assist with the development and delivery of training, including new starter inductions.
To be considered for this position you must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Formal qualifications in safety, minimum Certificate IV level
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, including site safety experience
- Sound knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Legislation, including safety in design requirements
- Excellent communication skills, including sound consultation and negotiation skills
- The ability to work in a remote team environment
- The ability to exercise sound judgement and decisiveness
- Ability to identify hazards, assess risk and develop mitigation strategies
The following experience and attributes are highly desirable:
- Environmental experience including management of regulatory environmental compliance during the delivery phase of projects
- Current First Aid certificate
- Drug and Alcohol screening certificate
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Return to Work coordination duties
- Incident Investigation Training (ICAM, Taproot or similar)
- Safety or environmental auditor qualifications.
The flexibility to travel to GHD offices and site locations throughout ACT/NSW is a key requirement for this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, well-established organisation that promotes safety, teamwork, respect and integrity as core values. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
Make a move to GHD and transform your job into a rewarding career. With an impressive client base, challenging work and a supportive culture, we’ll inspire you to reach your true potential.
To apply please forward your covering letter and resume via the link below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Tania Smee, Recruitment Coordinator on 02 4979 9920.
Recruitment Agency submissions will not be accepted for this position.