Healthy Country- Administration Coordinator
Move your career into new Territory- come join us in the Northern Territory!
Thamarrurr Development Corporation (TDC) located in Wadeye, NT, is seeking a Healthy Country Administration Coordinator to support our dynamic team of Land and Sea Rangers.
The Thamarrurr Rangers are based in Wadeye and look after the natural and cultural values of a large area of traditionally owned lands and coastline in the Western Top End of the Northern Territory, known as the Thamarrurr Region
The Administration Coordinator’s role is to manage the administrative tasks for all TDC Healthy Country projects, initiatives, and funding agreements to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Administration coordinator will play an important role in supporting the land & sea rangers’ activities by liaising with various internal and external visitors and stakeholders, maintaining asset registers, inventories and procurement of goods and equipment, staff licensing & qualification records.
Keen to broaden your office/administrative knowledge and skillsets in a demanding but stimulating and rewarding role? Relish the day-to-day challenges of a varied range of duties? Enjoy working with and learning from our local Indigenous peoples?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this role will tick your boxes!
Main duties include:
- Act as first point of contact for all queries and visitors
- Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with traditional owners, community members, suppliers, service providers and internal and external agencies, consultants and funding bodies
- Actively participate in planning Ranger events, and manage travel bookings and arrangements as required
- Manage day-to-day financial transactions, including Purchase Orders and following up on delivery, payment
- Liaise with Rangers and Fee-for-Service clients to ensure regular reporting is completed and invoiced
- Liaise with Manager and suppliers to ensure adequate stocks of stationary, first aid supplies and other goods, services, and equipment
- Manage the Ranger asset and equipment registers
- Facilitate timely collation and submission of weekly payroll timesheets and provide assistance where required to employees and payroll
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures for office-based tasks to enhance and comply with organisational and operational policies and processes.
- Maintain records of training and qualifications for the Rangers both individually and as a whole
To be successful you’ll have:
- Sound knowledge of office administration and book-keeping procedures.
- High level of written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Resilience, patience, cheerfulness, and a willing “can-do” attitude.
- Proven ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Sound organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Decision making skills
- Demonstrated success working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Competitive salary, with a weekly pay cycle.
- Generous 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading,
- As we are a Not-for-Profit organisation, maximum salary packaging as it relates to PBIs to reduce tax and increase your take home pay.
- Up to $1,500 reimbursement for travel expenses to Wadeye.
- Subsidised, fully furnished single or double accommodation provided.
- Be part of a busy, welcoming community.
- Excellent fishing and outdoor activities on your doorstop.
- Relish in exploring the art & culture, the people, and the region.
- Free professional development and training.
Essential Licences/ Clearances
- Hold minimum current Class C NT driver’s Licence
- Ability to obtain and maintain Northern Land Council Work Permit
- Ability to obtain National Police Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card)
- Your application should include:
- A cover letter which explains your alignment with the role,
- An up-to-date resume, detailing your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the role,
- Details of at least two (2) referees
To apply for this position please send your resume in confidence to [email protected]