Historic Heritage Archaeologist
- We are seeking an Experienced mid-level Consultant or Senior Heritage Consultant to join our successful and growing NSW heritage team.
- Location is open to any Niche NSW office location or working from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- Consulting experience, working on historical heritage projects, within NSW.
- If you have 4+ years’ experience, our ‘Experienced Consultant’ role is the role for you.
- If you have 6+ years’ experience, our ‘Senior Consultant’ role is the role for you.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of the relevant NSW legislation such as the Heritage Act and the National Parks and Wildlife Act.
- Experienced in heritage conservation assessment, archaeological survey, field assessment and excavation.
- A distinct advantage if you are a recognised Excavation Director (ED)
- If you have the passion, dedication and (hold most of) the relevant experience to meet the Heritage Council of NSW Criteria for assessing Excavation Directors – we will help you gain the experience!
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree, with Honours in Arts, Heritage or related studies.
- Preference to a concentration in the field of historical archaeology.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Have fun while delivering complex and challenging projects.
- Work both in the office and in the field, travelling to field locations across NSW for periods of time.
- Collaborate closely with your discipline manager and a highly supportive heritage team.
- Leverage your own and Niche’s network to bring in work.
- Take ownership of projects and develop professional relationships.
What you'll get in return
- In return, you will get the opportunity to lead the winning of new and interesting projects, and work on complex, challenging and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- A highly competitive salary that is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated Vehicle leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers, who are in Sydney, Illawarra and across regional New South Wales and in Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply button below.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace
Niche is committed to the well-being of its staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche has in place, a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.