Athassel Civil Pty Ltd is a Sydney based, ISO accredited, Civil Contracting Company undertaking works for Sydney Water and various major contractors specialising in the construction of Sydney Water Assets such as sewer, water and recycled water pipelines.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced WHS&E Co-ordinator on a full time basis to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with Project Managers and Field Operations to drive continuous improvement across Health, Safety, Environment to ISO standards
Your duties will be primarily based on one of our major projects, with visits to other sites as required. Your experience and duties will include the following.
- Review and maintain Company systems.
- Be conversant with WH&S Management Systems and their implementation
- Conduct site walks, audits and inspections
- Undertake inductions, toolbox talks and SWMS sign ins.
- SWMS, Risk Assessments and Hazard identifications.
- Work closely with site teams ensuring compliance and maintenance of Company standards
- Liaise with clients on WH&S matters
- Regular reporting to Company Management
- Show initiative and self motivation
- Be able to take on other responsibilities as required.
- Ensure HSE Compliance across all regions
- Develop, and manage work HSE management plans, polices & procedures
- Manage HSE incident reporting procedures and provide timely HSE information and reporting.
- Advise on, and coordination of, staff HSE training and ensure compliance
- Support Managers and HR team in employee return to work
- Carry out periodic compliance audits to ISO standards at sites to verify compliance to the certified standards
The role would suit an experienced HSE Co-ordinator with a minimum of 3-4 years prior experience in a similar role. Experience in the Sydney Water pipeline / civil construction field would be advantageous.
- Experience as a HSE Co-ordinator
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Safety Management
- Strong communication skills & the ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Current drivers license
A competitive renumeration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
This is a full time, permanent position working with a supportive professional team. Interested applicants should send CV and referees to [email protected] or phone 0412 993 979
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working on civil infrastructure projects?