Indigenous Opportunity - Bush Regenerator
- Location: 99 Rose Street, Liverpool
- Package: $63,078.92 - $68,913.35
- Tenure: Permanent Full Time, 36 hours, 4 days per week
- Position Description
Do you have a passion for the environment and bush regeneration with the inability to work in a diverse team in natural area restoration works?
Liverpool City Council is looking for a highly motivated and passionate person to be part of the Council’s Bush Regeneration Team in delivering ecological outcomes for the community. Liverpool City Council is committed to the protection, maintenance, and enhancement of the diverse range of natural assets occurring in the Local Government Area.
This position undertakes a diverse range of activities comprising of the council’s environmental volunteer program, community education, and general bushland rehabilitation activities. You will work as part of a team in delivering ecological restoration outcomes in support of Liverpool’s Environmental Restoration Plan.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Carry out all bush regeneration works as directed by Team Leader Bush Regenerator - ERP in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in the implementation of cultural land management practices.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Environment Restoration Plan in relation to on-ground works.
- Implement effective record management in relation to on-ground works.
- Complete on-ground activities in conjunction with other contractors on site.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the essential criteria in Qualifications/Licences, Experience and Knowledge and Skills outlined in the position description.
Salary will be dependent upon the relevant skills, experience, and competencies of the successful applicant.
How to Apply: Please click the 'Apply' button above. Applicants must submit a covering letter, current resume, and response to the selection criteria questions which will be shown once you commence your application.
These are targeted positions for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Liverpool City Council is committed to providing a working environment that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to apply for permanent positions at Liverpool City Council, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For Temporary positions, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.
Apply for this job