Maia is an Environmental Consultancy based in Perth, Western Australia. Maia conducts botanical surveys throughout Western Australia with particular focus in the Pilbara, Murchison and Avon Wheatbelt regions. Maia is seeking to employ a graduate or junior botanist for field and office work. This role involves field-based work, generally away from Perth, as well as managing the ecological data collected in the field to assist in the preparation of quality technical reports. Applicants must be available to work away from Perth for up to two weeks at a time and be an Australian resident entitled to work in Australia.
Tertiary qualifications in Botany or a related field and a current C class drivers licence are essential.
All candidates should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Attention to detail, particularly with data entry and management,
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and
- A commitment to working safely.
Day to day tasks would involve:
- Data entry and management,
- Assist with technical report production, and
- Field based work.
What Maia will provide you with:
- A competitive remuneration package,
- Experience in the consulting industry, and
- Training and mentoring
A resume and an accompanying introductory letter should be emailed to [email protected] [link removed]
The application form will include these questions:
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?