Junior Support Engineer – Support and Consulting KISTERS Water Solutions
KISTERS Australia is a long-established company with its head office in Canberra, providing software solutions for the management of water, air and environmental data. Our customers range from smaller private companies up to well-known multinational companies, as well as local, state and federal public agencies. We are part of the KISTERS group with head office in Aachen (Germany), having more than 600 employees in subsidiaries around the world. Our commitment is to build sustainable, meaningful and efficient customer solutions based on state-of-the-art technology and an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a Junior Support Engineer to assist with first level support of KISTERS’ Water software solutions. You will use your communication, environmental science, software knowledge and problem-solving abilities to work directly with customers to assist with maximising their use of our software and resolve their issues in a timely manner. In addition, you will provide project delivery support such as testing, configuration and scripting. The position is located in Canberra and you are working closely in a team of IT and domain experts from disciplines such as hydrology, water quality and aquatic ecology.
We are looking for a dynamic person with a good balance of technical and people skills. The successful applicant should have a Bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification in one of the following areas: Hydrology, Water Quality, Aquatic Biology, Environmental Science or Studies, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Water Science and Management, Resource and Environmental Management. If you have experience in a technical or engineering discipline (although university graduates are also welcome to apply) with excellent communication skills (fluent English, German as second language considered an advantage), you are well placed for this opportunity.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Creativity and curiosity with the ability to learn and apply new IT products, applications and technologies
- Experience in scripting languages (Python is preferred), SQL knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Problem solving skills
- A friendly, positive, customer focus and outcome driven attitude with strong communication skills
- A team player with high self-motivation to engage with local staff as well as global teams
- Helpdesk support for the KISTERS water (environmental) solutions
- Analysing and testing support requests, organising software fixes with developers in Germany
- Handling Software installations and updates
- Advisory services in support of KISTERS products in general
- Assisting in project delivery, providing technical support such as data migration, data automation, scripting etc.
- Handling of client specific requirements and creation of technical concept documents
- Preparation of demonstration systems and customer presentations
KISTERS is a time flexible employer. If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you are excited to contribute to a forward-thinking technology firm with international growth, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV along with a cover letter how you will be suited to this opportunity to Chris Michl via email [email protected].
Applications for this opportunity close on Friday 1st of July.