Land Management Supervisor, Bush Regeneration
Are you an experienced bush regenerator ready to take your career to the next level? Want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced land management team? One with the scope to work on a diverse range of challenging projects in the Newcastle and wider Hunter region?
If you have the drive and desire to move your career to a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
Kleinfelder is an environmental and engineering consulting firm, built on a track record of proven success and long-term relationships. Our successes have been driven by a team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who have found the scope and opportunity to grow with us.
Due to our continued success and growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Land Management Supervisor within our Newcastle based team.
Kleinfelder Australia provides professional and technical services for land rehabilitation, ecology, flora and fauna, spotter catcher services, land contamination assessment and remediation, bushfire planning, environmental planning and approvals.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, uses the experience and resources of over 2,000 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, Kleinfelder Australia continues to deliver national projects with local and international experience.
In this role, you will be supervising various vegetation management and rehabilitation activities for private industry and government authorities as a member of a professional team. This role provides a varied and challenging experience across a range of ecological settings and landscapes.
This is an opportunity to actively demonstrate your experience and capability in vegetation management and progress your professional development within a team that values its people and their careers.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate safety leadership
- Supervise small bush regeneration teams
- Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate schedules and workflow
- Communicate with clients to ensure that works are conducted on time and budget.
- Order supplies
- Manage equipment purchases, repairs and maintenance
- Ensure that project administration is completed
We are seeking experienced bush regenerators who will ideally bring:
- Qualifications or experience in Terrestrial Conservation and/or Land Management, or similar;
- Weed control experience including herbicide application, brush cutting, and manual control techniques;
- Demonstrable knowledge of local native plant and weed species and control methods;
- Practical knowledge of work health and safety policies and procedures, risk management practices and principles;
- Proven supervisory experience including 2 years of on-ground experience in the industry such as vegetation management, bush regeneration, horticulture, landscaping, arborist or relevant land management roles;
- Ability to operate and maintain vehicles and field equipment;
- Physical fitness, self-motivation and ability to function in a team environment;
- A current NSW driver's licence;
- ACDC/ChemCert qualifications;
- White Card (construction induction);
- Strong attention to detail and company values;
- A strong work ethic.
Applicants will be highly regarded if they have:
- Senior First Aid;
- Chainsaw qualifications;
Successful applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
The right person will join our Newcastle team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects. You will enjoy the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder’s Technical Network.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kleinfelder Casual Land Management Employees fall under the Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.
Applicants should click on the Apply for this job button and follow the prompts. Don’t forget to upload a Resume and Cover Letter that addresses the key criteria.
Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered. You will only be contacted if your application is shortlisted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close: May 2022.
Notice to third party recruitment agencies
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to pay for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, is deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.