Manager - Environment & Planning
Just imagine your future with us…
At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you?
Innovation, eminence and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about the future?
Are you driven by the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex projects around the world and to learn from the best? We are.
Diversity is at the core of everything we do. We work together to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness. Our differences are what fuel our creativity.
We embrace flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
What will you do
To deliver on an ambitious and robust future growth strategy for our Advisory group, we are looking to make a key leadership appointment in our Environmental Planning & Management Advisory team.
Reporting to our Regional Environment & Planning Leader, the role is as a leader within the Aurecon Advisory business tasked with further growth and development of our brand in the Environmental sector. Business leadership, people management and team development in the environmental assessment, management and compliance arenas are central to the role. This role will be based at our prestigious Melbourne office and will involve reasonable business travel.
We know the work we do is vital in assisting our world’s economic development and, it’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart. Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’.
- Lead the environmental streams of major projects in the construction industry, particularly within infrastructure related projects
- Lead projects in the transport and Defence sectors
- Manage and develop our talent to achieve agreed strategic and growth objectives
- Contribute a strong knowledge of State and Commonwealth Government related processes, including legislation, guidelines and environmental planning and approvals
- Demonstrate project leadership and work winning experience
- Network and engage with clients
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and an ability to discuss detailed environmental and engineering concepts with engineers (or other professionals) to develop sustainable environmental and engineering design solutions
- Demonstrate accurate reporting skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Assist in expanding Aurecon's environmental involvement in major infrastructure and portfolio management projects throughout south-eastern Australia and beyond
We know today’s complex challenges can only be solved through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What can you bring to the team?
Firstly, you will share our genuine passion for re-imagining engineering and be someone that actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future.
You will also need;
Tertiary qualifications in environmental engineering/science or other related discipline
Comparable experience in environmental assessment, environmental reviews, environmental management and licensing/permitting
Our Aurecon Attributes describe the types of people we bring together for clients. We don’t expect you to have all eight of the attributes, but one that is unique to you.
Finally, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
We’ve re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, but not as you know it!
For a start, our clients’ ideas drive what we do. Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world’s most complex challenges. And through a range of unique creative processes and skills, we work to re-imagine, shape and design a better future.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities and potential that others can’t.
Think engineering. Think again.
Want to know more?
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Aurecon by visiting the careers section of our website.
If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now!