Manager - Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Hydrogeology - ACT
Robson Environmental, established in 1990, is Canberra's leading asbestos and hazmat consultancy within a multi disciplinary team covering environmental assessment & remediation, occupational hygiene, workplace safety, NATA accredited laboratories and a training facility. We have NATA accreditation for our hazmat surveying.
Robson Environmental is experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking for a Manager for our contaminated land section to work with and mentor our friendly, positive and dynamic team.
We are interested in hearing from degree-qualified individuals with a proven track record in this discipline with 10+ years professional experience.
The role will involve extensive Project Management of the team, specific to Phase 1, and 2 environmental investigations, remediation projects, investigation and remediation of contaminated land and groundwater and management plans. We are looking for a motivated individual who will excel in delivering projects and fieldwork programs. This role would include mentoring and training junior staff as required and working to diversify and extend the current capabilities of the team manager.
This opportunity will suit individuals with excellent interpersonal, project management, time management and report writing skills.
Overtime/time in lieu paid at penalty rates. Consideration will be given to a re-location allowance for interstate applicants.
The successful candidate will have;
- Tertiary or post graduate qualifications, including Geology, Soil Science, Hydrology.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong technical (contaminated lands) knowledge and excellent report writing skills.
- A mature and enthusiastic attitude with proven project management experience.
- A true 'client focus' and ability to develop business and win work.
Applicants must reside in Australia and hold permanent residency.
- ACT / NSW Asbestos Assessors certification
- Contaminated Land Management Audit Certification
Our staff are our best asset. We invest to train new starters to the highest level possible and provide mentorship and support to ensure they achieve personal and company goals. Our working environment is friendly, positive and cooperative, designed to achieve the best possible results for our clients, staff and the company. Our mission is to ensure that the built environment is as safe and hazard free as possible. Staff are provided with all necessary training, PPE and supervision to ensure their safety and to provide for their professional development.
Canberra offers a great lifestyle – fantastic dining, cafes and arts scene, a wide variety of outdoor activities on our door step. We are 1.5 hours from the coast with good surfing, fishing, bushwalking, camping and relaxation, and 1.5 hours from some of the best snowboarding and skiing in the country. Housing is high quality, plentiful and reasonably priced with virtually no traffic jams on average commutes to work of 10 – 20 minutes. Government and private schools are amongst the best in the country, and our 4 universities are world class.
Please forward your CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience and outline why this position appeals to you to Larissa Webb, Business Manager.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?