Manager - Environmental Service Group - Northern Territory
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD has much to offer. Become part of a connected global network operating across five continents and the Pacific region. Passionate about the communities in which we live, GHD has a reputation for providing innovative solutions. With a broad client base, interesting work and a supportive culture we'll inspire you to reach your potential.
GHD offers the variety of projects ranging from large scale to regional project delivery alongside the flexibility of location to meet the many needs of our peoples' career and life stages.
As an employee-owned firm, GHD is an attractive place for talented people to thrive and pursue your career. With a workplace rich in diversity of thought, background and experience, we have what it takes to deliver amazing outcomes for our clients.
The Environmental Service Group has a diverse offering in the following areas including:
- Impact Assessment and Planning
- Contaminated Lands, Assessment and Remediation
- Engagement, Communication and Communities
Could this be you?
As the Manager of the Environmental Service Group, you will develop and implement GHD's client-service led strategy to 2020 as part of the GHD connected global network resulting in the growth and development of the Environmental business and our people.
This role is part of the Northern Territory Leadership Group, and leads a talented and motivated team. Drawing from the wider team, you will ensure the technical soundness of work produced, appropriately manage risks, and drive business performance targets.
You will work collaboratively with Environment Market Leaders across the business to identify opportunities for targeted growth and pursue new work. You will also perform the roles of Project Director and Project Manager on assignments where your capabilities and experience make valuable contributions for our clients.
In this key leadership role, you will bring significant professional experience complemented with strong personal and professional capabilities including:
- People leadership and mentoring
- Highly developed communication skills
- Integrity & Health Safety Environment and Quality
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent networking skills with a focus on client service and business development
- Collaboration across GHD offices and service offerings.
You will have sound technical skills, including demonstrated experience in the following:
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Leading and winning significant proposals/bids
- High level of financial acumen and track record of delivering strong commercial outcomes on projects
- Adaptable to changing business needs and identify new opportunities
- A strong reputation and network within relevant parts of the Northern Territory environmental consulting market.
This is a rare opportunity to join a proudly employee owned professional services company at the forefront of where the industry is headed. Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working arrangements for both men and women is central to the way GHD does business.
As well as creating a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole-self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalised career development through the GHD Business School.
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
- Access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
Join a professional community of more than 10,000 committed people who come together seamlessly and share a vision for a sustainable future.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your covering letter and resume via www.ghd.com/careers. Applications will close on Monday 28th of January. For further information, please contact Rowena Hunter, People Manager NT, on 08 8982 0149.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.