Market Leader - Environment (Northern Australia)
There’s no pledge more important than the one we make to look after our environment, and we’re committed to helping you do exactly that.
Join us as we strive to ensure a sustainable future for our communities and the world we live in.
Become part of our global network of skilled engineers, scientists, auditors, planners and environmental specialists, all working together to leave this world better than we found it.
Following a recent internal promotion, we are seeking applications for a key leadership position: GHD Northern Australia’s Environment Market Leader. The right candidate will be a dynamic market leader, with acute and agile skills industry leadership and business development of high-profile multi-discipline projects, and strong consulting experience in the Environment sector.
At a time of unprecedented investment in Northern Australia’s growth – right here with us is where you want to be, and we’re looking forward to connecting with you.
The Environment Market Leader will drive and expand our business performance, amplify our client relationships, raise revenue, and convert our key pursuits to build a diverse project portfolio.
- Full-time, permanent position with a team of passionate changemakers.
- Play a leading role in business development, with a strong industry and client-centric focus.
- Take advantage of our strong pipeline of work across multiple sectors, to achieve top-line revenue growth in the market.
- Connect with a global network of talented professionals.
- Be part of an employee-owned global enterprise
- Lead a more balanced life with flexible work options.
As a Market Leader, you will have professional attributes that allow you to make significant contributions across:
- Strategy – providing a vision and direction for Northern Australia’s Environmental market, in alignment GHD’s with wider regional and national/global blueprints.
- Clients – with a client-centric focus, you will be well-connected and influential across the Northern Australia Environment sector and have the skills to leverage existing client and partner relationships and identifying new ones to continually evolve the sustainability of our business.
- Markets – ambitiously setting a high-growth trajectory, you utilise relationships and data-driven insights to strengthen our market position, owning and converting key strategic pursuits across the value chain.
- Projects – contributing to GHD’s reputation and profitability through outstanding performance, you’ll take on project leadership roles, such as Project Director or Technical Director, as appropriate.
- People – a key member of Northern Australia’s leadership team, you will create work environments where people feel pride and belonging, mentoring and coaching team-members in professional and commercial acumen towards higher performance.
Passionate about creating lasting legacies for people and communities, you will bring:
- Ability to create an enviable professional network of Northern Australia’s Environment sector leaders and decision makers.
- Specific expertise and experience in one or more the following:
- State & Federal government assessment and approvals, particularly for major infrastructure projects
- Contamination and Remediation or other relevant Technical discipline
- Sustainability and ESG policy frameworks and implementation
- Leading and converting strategic pursuits
- Proactive and inclusive leadership with proven ability to work and influence and support a diverse business.
- Commercial acumen and critical thinking ability
- A commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion and to advocate for equity.
- The ability to work across multiple projects and pursuits while remaining focused and collaborative
- Demonstrated experience in navigating client, contractor and consultancy contexts.
- Appropriate qualifications and significant industry and professional services experience.
We will consider applicants to work in any of our Northern Australia offices.
Interested? Apply now.
GHD is an equal opportunity employer and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.
GHD embraces hybrid work arrangements to create a work environment focused on well-being, flexibility and productivity where GHD people can thrive, this supports the diverse needs of our workforce while balancing the benefits of remote working with the value of face-to-face collaboration in the office.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Come together and make a meaningful impact.
We bring our people together to create something bigger and solve some of the world's most complex problems. Come and experience the power of commitment and see strategy and ideas come to life when you join GHD.
Let's drive real change.
Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don’t just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.
That’s why we pledge to empower our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today.
See where your commitment could take you.
That’s the #PowerOfCommitment
Who we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It’s what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs: to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come.