Mid-level to Senior Environmental Project Manager (Scientist / Planner)
Are you seeking a company that:
- Values and rewards employees?
- Offers professional development opportunities and interesting projects?
- Provides flexible work options and a fun and supportive workplace?
In a location that:
- Offers some of the best natural environment and scenery in NSW?
- Has a great university and education options?
- Offers country lifestyle with easy access to Sydney, Brisbane and the NSW North Coast?
Then check us out!
With the continued success of our Armidale office we are looking for an enthusiastic Mid-level to Senior Environmental Scientist / Statutory Planner to join our growing and talented team.
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, a Tetra Tech Company, is one of Australia’s leading environmental consultancies. Even with our exciting growth and continued development, we continue to believe that we make a significant contribution to improving environmental outcomes in Australia by delivering high quality consulting services that combine a landscape approach with sound scientific principles, strategic thinking, effective communication and integrity.
About the role:
As our new Environmental Scientist or Planner, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. These include work with clients in the renewables and resources sectors, as well as state and local government contracts.
You will work with our specialists in disciplines such as ecology, bushfire, arboriculture and heritage. The role will involve environmental impact assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management.
We will provide you with opportunities to further broaden your expertise while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Planning or related field
- At least three years of relevant environmental experience, particularly in the resource sector (preferably in NSW)
- Confidence in meeting, advising and working with clients and regulators
- Sound communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others both internally and externally
- Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation including the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Well-developed analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring and management
- Demonstrated project, budget and client management skills
- Current driver’s licence and ability to travel as required.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with your experience and capability, in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave or salary sacrifice into super, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can be mentored and further grow and develop under the guidance and support of industry experts, please forward your application (addressing the criteria above) to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email [email protected] before close of business Friday 31 May 2019.
For further information about the position, please contact Robert Cawley, Armidale Office Manager, on 02 8081 2689.