Mid to Senior Level Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Planner
WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast-track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are a Mid to Senior level Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Planner with 3 – 10 years' of experience we’d like to hear from you!
Our fast-growing Sydney office is looking for an Environmental Scientist or Planner in the environmental services area.
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff, you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance. Understanding of Queensland and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, environmental planning, environmental engineering or similar relevant degree
- A minimum of 3 years experience operating in Australia
- Understanding of QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Experience with statutory approvals processes
- Experience with construction management is a bonus
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for the delivery of environmental tasks and projects
- Exposure to proposal writing and developing innovative approaches to solving client problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation
- Ability to undertake business development and grow opportunities for Epic
- Challenge - We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit - We work together as a team
- Down to Earth - We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best - We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service - We create value for our clients
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified and respected Professional consultants
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building
- Birthday day off!
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
If you think you are Epic material:
- Submit your CV and cover letter addressing the Epic Essentials to [email protected] (stating “Mid to Senior Level Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Planner” in the subject line). Candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks after the closing date.
If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for Astrid Lenz for a confidential discussion.