National Environment Advisor
APA is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses. We own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia. APA has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a National Environment Advisor to join our HSE – Environment Team to deliver our Environmental Performance Program in either our Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney office on a full time, fixed term contract basis for 24 months.
Reporting to the National Environment Lead, you will play a key role in analysing, developing and negotiating national environmental standards for the APA business. This will include defining and implementing environmental performance metrics.
- Analysis, comparison and consolidation of environmental compliance information from internal and external sources.
- Develop and gain agreement on national environmental standards for operational practices and methods across business units and jurisdictions.
- Updating of APA’s Corporate Environment Procedures to embed national standards of practice within the management system.
- Support and facilitate setting APA’s environmental performance metrics.
- Coordination of changes to data systems to capture/measure environmental information
- Support development of training and awareness materials including tracking and action of environmental regulatory changes
- Tertiary qualifications to degree level in environmental science, management, law, engineering or equivalent.
- Strong experience working in corporate environment management and environmental management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental law and environmental regulatory frameworks
- Experienced system thinker and systematiser.
- Passion and aptitude for process improvement and business efficiency.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong relationship building and business partnering skills at all levels with the ability to gain credibility quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Role closes Monday 24th February 2020
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers