Natural Areas/Bush Regeneration Team Members
We're seeking experienced and passionate Natural Areas Team Members to join our very busy team.
We work across a variety of regional ecosystems, allowing our teams to utilise their experience and passion for the environment to make change.
Demonstrated experience in urban habitats/natural areas, bushland restoration, weed control and plantings is absolutely essential to be considered for this position. If you can identify the difference between a Breynia and Easter Cassia, this is the type of experience and skill we are seeking.
We require team members who are willing and have the ability to work in various locations throughout south-east Queensland. We start and finish each day from our base in Stapylton, heading out to our sites in company vehicles.
Key skills and qualifications required:
- Hard-working, high level of fitness and comfortable with very physical, demanding work;
- Cert lll Conservation Land Management (or currently studying and/or equivalent);
- Strong SE QLD Native and Weed ID Skills;
- Knowledge and practical skills in weed control/management techniques, including chemical spraying;
- Practical experience with power tools (augers, hedge trimmers etc.);
- White Card/ Safety Construction Card;
- Drivers Licence and own reliable transport to get to base;
- Ability to ensure all works are carried out in a safe and environmentally-sound manner, ensuring OHS standards are met.
Desirable Skills/ Qualifications:
- ACDC Licence;
- Chainsaw Licence;
- Manual car or MR/HR truck licence;
- First Aid and CPR certificates or willingness to obtain.
Our teams pride themselves on an exceptional work culture, and we operate under a smoke and drug-free work environment policy. Employees are required to undertake compulsory pre-employment and random drug testing periodically.
These roles are full time, however, we can also consider part-time and casual roles. Austspray Environmental has an emphasis on training, professional development, health and safety, quality and best practice environmental management and are looking forward to welcoming new members to our teams.
The interview process will begin without delay so send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] as soon as possible.