Natural Hazard & Spatial Analyst
- Great mentoring and learning from the senior team
- Contribute to reports providing mapping, and spatial analysis using GIS for a diverse client base
- Grow your career in a highly successful firm
- C$60 – 70k plus super
The Recruitment Alternative provides professional recruitment services to a range of SME businesses across Australia & New Zealand.
About the Role
Molino Stewart is a well-established and highly respected environment and natural hazards consultancy based in Parramatta CBD. They enjoy a relaxed, flexible and professional work environment where people are valued and get to work closely with leading senior professionals on a wide variety of interesting projects. They are engaged in ground-breaking modelling and analysis.
What’s great about this role:
- Take on a new role created due to increasing workload.
- Conduct spatial analysis, natural hazards investigations, and report preparation.
- Provide mapping to ecologists and environmental consultants.
- Make a significant contribution to cutting-edge natural hazards projects in Australia and overseas.
- Learn directly from senior principals and project managers
Mapping and Spatial analysis using ESRI ArcGIS and QGIS to support natural hazards and environmental projects, including:
- Evacuation modelling
- Flood emergency response planning
- Assessment of risk from climate change and natural hazards including; flooding, bushfire, tropical cyclone, earthquake, drought, storms, sea-level rise and heatwave
- Floodplain management and water resource projects
- Environmental and community engagement projects
- Assessment of risk from climate change and natural hazards; flooding, bushfire, tropical cyclone, earthquake, drought, storms, sea-level rise and heatwave
Skills and Experience:
- A first-class Honours degree related to natural hazards management; civil or environmental engineering, environmental science or natural resource management
- 2 to 5 years' experience, preferably in a consulting environment, working in natural hazards management; Candidates with post-graduate qualifications in spatial analysis are also encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with GIS applications including ESRI and QGIS
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- A current driver’s license
How to apply
All applications are to be submitted online – click APPLY. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so apply today!
Only those with permission to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.